15th July 2021:
Following the Scottish Governments Safety Guidelines for control of
Covid: 19 Our Lady and St John the Baptist will Re-Open for Masses:
SATURDAY at 6.00 pm
SUNDAY at 11.30 am
Fr Patrick and the Parish Council would like to extend a warm welcome to everyone and look forward to seeing you in Church.
Due to the 1 Metre social distancing regulations, there will be restricted seating available, therefore we will still have to introduce a booking Ticket System to attend Mass.
There are approximately 38 spaces available at the moment in the church. Obviously this will be adjusted as the restrictions are lifted. Please note you will have to fill in each person’s details who is booking a ticket so that we Know if it is for families, couples, individuals and we can arrange the seating plan. So we can contact you if any matters arise. You will have to take your printed ticket with you or download a copy on to your phone to give to one of the safeguarding team who will welcome you at the door, so they can tick your name off their list. Thank you in advance for doing this.
We know some of you may feel anxious and uncertain about getting some normality back to attending Church. We have put the following guidelines in place for you to keep everyone safe.
Following the Scottish Government announcement that public worship can commence in churches. Please book a ticket to enable you attend any of the above Masses. Admission is limited to 38 spaces. If the 6:00pm are fully booked please book a ticket for the 11:30am Sunday Mass. Live streamed Masses will still continue during Mass. Follow the Safety Guidelines below!
- General Information
- Parishioners who are shielding or who have underlying medical conditions are not obliged to attend Mass until Scottish Government guidance advises that it is safe to do so.
- Parishioners are encouraged to bring your own sanitiser and face masks
- On Arriving
- You must wear a face mask when you enter the building and at all times and when exiting the Church. Please bring your own face masks as we have limited stock.
- There will be stewards to direct you on safety matters, please adhere to their guidance
- We need your name and telephone number to enable the ‘track & trace’ procedure. This information will only be retained for 14 days from the date of your visit, and kept in a secure location.
- A team of volunteer/stewards will direct you into the church and indicate a seat for you (a family may take some seats together). Please be aware that the 2m rule has curtailed the numbers in our Church and we are required to be respectful of one another in these restrictions.
- Once in the Church we ask that
- You observe a respectful silence
- Adhere to social distancing
- Holy Communion will be distributed to people in their seats not at exit as previously arranged. Before the distribution of Holy Communion, the priest will say from the sanctuary the words: to which everyone will answer:
- On Leaving the Church
- Remove anything that you may have left on the chair.
- Please ensure you use sanitiser before leaving the church.
- Collection will be taken at exit as people leave the church, so ensure that you get your envelopes or cash ready before you get to the door. Thank you.